Monday, November 19, 2007

At last...



The blog you have all so eagerly been anticipating...I am sitting here in my second home (the library...boo to all of you college graduates!!), surrounded by lightless lamps (very frustrating) with the peaceful words of Sara Bareilles streaming through my headphones. So pardon me, if a couple of her lyrics slip into this and confuse you...


To be a Hall...We are a strange little band of characters, once trudging through life sharing diseases and toothpaste, coveting one another's desserts, hiding shampoo (sorry mom...), borrowing money, locking each other out of our rooms, inflicting pain and kissing to heal it in the same instant, loving, laughing, defending, and trying to figure out the common thread that bound us all together.
Creating a family in this tumultuous world which we live in, is an act of faith, a wager that against all odds, there will be a future...and if you're lucky, one as great as ours. There are countless things that only families have in common, the greatest familiarity in every sense of the word. Memories that no one else can make...and somewhere in the shapes and shades of these memories...I see bits and pieces of me embedded into the thick and rustic history which we all share. A replaying filmstrip in my head, which never ceases to put a smile on my face. The fact that my favorite part of a first date is that of which I am asked about my family. I can't say enough about you all...much love this Christmas season.

No comments: