Sunday, June 15, 2008

I just came across a love poem that I transcribed from Garrison Keillor's "A Prairie Home Companion" last summer (Tuesday, August 21, 2007). I found it beautifully written, and spoken, as everything he creates seems to be. But I am preachin' to the choir here, so I'll just put it down before I lose it again for another year or two.

A summer night, and you, and paradise,
So lovely and so full of grace,
Above your head, the universe has hung its lights,
And I reach out my hand to touch your face.

I believe in impulse, in all that is green,
I believe in the foolish vision that comes true,
I believe all that is essential is unseen,
And for this lifetime I believe in you.

All the lovers and the love they made:
Nothing between them was a mistake.
All that is done for love's sake
is not wasted and will never fade.

All who have loved will be forever young
and walk in grandeur on a summer night
along the avenue.
They live in every song that is sung
and every painting of pure light
and every Pas de Deux.

Oh love that shines from every star,
love reflected in the silver moon;
It is not here, but it's not far.
Not yet, but it will be here soon.


(This one had me at line one.)
Para mi familia tan preciosa - les amo mucho a ustedes :)
Soney